TERMINATION OF PARENTAL RIGHTS MATTER OR OTHER
Court File Number: 27-JV-17-5012
Group ID: 0249770
STATE OF MINNESOTA,
COUNTY OF HENNEPIN
FOURTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
525 PORTLAND AVENUE
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55415
IN THE MATTER OF THE WELFARE OF THE CHILD(REN) OF: Faith Vega-Armenta, Parent
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that on October 24, 2017, a Termination of Parental Rights Petition seeking to permanently sever the rights of the above-named parent(s) or another Permanency Petition seeking the permanent placement of the child(ren) of the above-named parent(s) was filed in the above-named court.
YOU ARE HEREBY SUMMONED AND REQUIRED TO APPEAR IN COURT at the following date, time, and place where a hearing regarding the Petition and the best interests of the child(ren) will be held:
March 12, 2018
Lois R. Conroy
Hennepin County District Court
590 Park Avenue
Minneapolis Minnesota 55415
YOU HAVE BEEN SERVED WITH THIS SUMMONS because, pursuant to statute or court rule:
• You are a parent to the child(ren) named in the petition; or
• You are a party to this proceeding pursuant to Juvenile Protection Rule 21.01 or an attorney for a party, or
• You have physical custody of the child who is the subject of the Petition, or
• You are a person whose presence the court believes is important to a determination concerning the best interests of the child(ren) who are the subject of the Petition.
IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AT THE HEARING:
• The court may conduct the hearing without you; and
• The court may find that the factual allegations and statutory grounds set forth in the petition have been proved; and
• The court may enter an order granting the relief requested in the petition, which may include:
• removing the child(ren) from the home of the parent or legal custodian and placing the child(ren) in foster care,
• permanently severing the parent's rights to the child(ren) pursuant to a termination of parental rights petition;
• permanently transferring the child(ren)'s legal and physical custody to a relative; or
• an order for other permanent placement of the child(ren).
A STATEMENT OF YOUR RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES IS ATTACHED, including the right to be represented by an attorney as authorized under the statutes and court rules. It is your responsibility to immediately notify the court administrator if your address changes.
Dated: January 12, 2018
(January 13, 20, 27, 2018) 11472272